4.01.2019

Six Months

I left the States (again) six months ago. Since then I've studied Bangla a lot. While I still have a long way to go towards proficiency, I have learned enough for casual conversations and I have taught 3 half-day workshops on collaboration. So, it's coming along.

The amount of things that I've learned in just six short months is a little staggering to me. They are so diverse! Fashion, color matching, big-city living, how I don't actually handle heat as well as I would like, business, management, human trafficking...the list goes on!

While there is still so much to learn and it will take me a bit more time to fully settle in, I have noticed some signs that I am getting into a rhythm and starting to feel at home here.

One sign is that I am doing a puzzle! Putting together puzzles has been a hobby of mine since I was quite little. I was probably 6 or 7 when I put together my first 500 piece puzzle (if I remember correctly, it was a picture of The Babysitter's Club). I used to have a nifty tool called the 'Roll-o-Puzz' and I was able to recreate it here! A fleece blanket and a tube used for canvases (total cost to me 45 cents!) allows me to work on the puzzle, then roll it up and put it out of the way!



One of my Aunts gave me a 4000 AND a 5000 piece puzzle the day before I left for India. I'm warming up to those with this small 1000 piece (which she also gave me!) Thanks Aunt Missy!

I've also found my running route in Kolkata! To be perfectly honest, Tanzania spoiled me. The scenery on this run will never compare to the beauty of running in the farm areas around Musoma and Lake Victoria. But, running along the Ganges at 5:45 in the morning does have some charm!



Here's to six months of settling in and the exciting new things to come in the next six!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Ronite! Glad you're settling in. We'll be praying!
    ��������

    ReplyDelete