10.05.2015

Flat Ronit

This past week I got to travel up to Nairobi to pick up a family returning from 9 months in their home countries. It was of course best that I was getting to help some good friends get back to Musoma, but also Nairobi is a fun place to go.

My house-mate Sarah was thinking it would be fun to drive up with me, but since she is a teacher, she couldn't leave her students alone to fend for themselves. So, she made a paper-doll version of herself for me to take with me, so that she could be there in spirit. Well, it was only fair that I then leave her with a paper-doll version of myself to return the favor.

I know it sounds silly, but sometimes we need some entertainment here, and this was great entertainment. If you want to hear about my trip up to Nairobi with "flat" Sarah you can read about it on her blog: http://sijambosarah.blogspot.com/.

Below is what "flat" Ronit was doing in Musoma, whilst the real me was traveling.

This was my first attempt at immortalizing myself in paper-doll format - so here is what the attempt looked like.


It is part of my morning routine to open the curtains and let in the glorious morning light! Thankfully, I still got to do that.


I got to go to school and be a part of one student preparing a lesson on celtic knots.


And, I got to dissect an owl pellet...yay?


Took an afternoon nap with a friend's cat:


And rounded off the day with kefir and peanut butter cake with Sarah.


I'm leaving today for a workshop trip for a week. "Flat" Sarah is coming with me...we'll see if she makes an appearance in my next blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment