8.10.2015

Simbiti Jesus Film

Last week the Jesus Film was released in two more local languages, Jita and Simbiti!!!

I was able to go to the Simbiti showing, which was my first time to go and see a movie being shown in a rural setting. They set up a sheet in the middle with a projector on either side. You can watch the film from almost anywhere around the screen.

There was a slow trickle at first, but eventually a couple hundred ended up watching the movie and listening to Jesus speak their mother-tongue.


As Jesus is lifted up on the cross they pause the movie and inform all those watching the film that Jesus suffered all of this because He loves them. Any one who wants is then welcomed to come forward and accept the amazing gift of grace that Jesus purchased for them on that cross.


It was beautiful to see the response of over 100 people going forward to accept this precious gift.

Another sweet moment from the evening was the slow movement of a couple of young girls towards me through the course of the movie. By the end of the film one was sleeping in my lap and the other was leaning on me with her head on my shoulder. When they saw that my feet were exposed to the weather they took the corner of their shawl and made sure that my feet were covered - lest I get too cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment