4.08.2019

To All the Elementary School Teachers: Thank You!

I've caught myself singing the alphabet a lot recently.

There are a number of jobs that I've done recently in which it was very helpful to quickly be able to alphabetize. I like putting things in order, but if they can't be organized quickly, then chaos may win out. Thank you Mom and all other alphabet teachers for reinforcing such a useful tool like the alphabet song!

In a similar vein; not just at work but several times recently I've been very grateful for the skill of using scissors. I don't know why this one keeps standing out to me. The other day it helped me make something fit, today it allowed me to prepare what I hope will be an engaging English class!


I'm a little worried that this post may come across as sarcastic but it's not. I have honestly been particularly grateful for the skills mentioned above. Not because others don't have this skill, majority of people in the world can do these things, but simply because I am grateful that I too can use the alphabet to my advantage and cut a fairly straight line.

So, here's to all of you who teach the skills that we take for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment