1.21.2019

Unexpected Resilience

When I first arrived in Kolkata I was disappointed with the number of trees. I've always had ready access to trees and I realized for the first time how much I love them! I am training my eyes now to see the trees that are here, rather than just lamenting the ones that aren't. My favorite trees are the ones growing out of abandoned, or at least seemingly abandoned, houses. The trees are taking their land back! They are finding soil, burying their root below, and reaching up to the sun.




The resilience of nature is remarkable! I am learning to see the beauty of resilience all around me. I see it in the trees as they push past obstructions. I see it in those who have chosen to serve rather than be served. And I see it in the women who have chosen freedom over slavery.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that’s amazing. I love the old buildings.
    Lyndie

    ReplyDelete