3.18.2014

Crossing the Ruaha

Looking back over my first term in Tanzania there are a several things that stand out as highlights. Most of them are work and relationship related, but one was not ministry related. It was the connection I had with a zip-line across a muddy-red river called Ruaha.

This was three years ago, when I lived in this tent.


I first came across this zip-line while exploring and hiking early on in my life at River Valley Campsite. Over time my connection with this zip-line grew as I used it nearly weekly to cross the river in the course of an hour-long trek to church. Over time we grew close. I hope to see this zip-line again some day. However, when language school finished I moved far away and haven’t been able to get back to visit it since.
There is this video* of the first day we met. I thought I would share it with you all, since I am feeling sentimental and missing my dear old friend today.


*The camera that took this video isn't of the highest quality. I'm sorry that the image is not clearer when it is enlarged.

No comments:

Post a Comment