3.31.2014

Family Business

One of the joys of being in Tulsa over furlough is being involved in the family business.
After the devastating tornadoes in Oklahoma last year my dad came up with a new technique for underground storm shelters and decided to start up his own business. I have a handful of Australian friends in Musoma and I found it ironic when my dad told me he was starting an underground storm shelter business called Down Under Shelters, and they put your shelter "outback".

From Musoma I got to give some input on the logo he created for the business. This is the final product:

 

Since being home I have learned all about HDPE (high-density polyethylene), high water-tables, pros and cons of above ground shelters, how many yards of cement are needed to hold the HDPE portion of the shelter in the ground, and high-low two way air ventilation.
I helped sell the shelters at a couple local trade shows. There were so many people around trying to talk with my dad about his product that he needed some extra help to get to everyone. If you are in the market for a storm shelter, and need to talk to someone about what to buy...just talk to me, I can give you the inside scoop on the best product on the market!

The shelter from the outside.


The shelter from the inside.
I have gotten to operate heavy machinery:

Ok, I didn't actually operate this excavator. I didn't get a picture of me working with the heavy machinery that I did get to use, so I posed in this picture.

It has been such a blessing to get to be involved in the family business while I am home. I love being involved in something that I truly believe in, be that spreading the Word of God through Bible translation or spreading the good news about a great new underground shelter business.

There are more pictures and some fun videos that we have made on facebook and you can view them here: Down Under Shelters on FB

No comments:

Post a Comment