3.26.2014

Wycliffe Connection

At the end of February I got to attend Wycliffe Connection at the Wycliffe USA headquarters in Orlando Florida.


Wycliffe Connection is an opportunity for returning missionaries to gather together and debrief a bit about their experiences. The amazing thing is that Wycliffe pays for the flight, accommodations and food for the whole week!
On the first night we got to introduce ourselves by picking one object from a table and explaining why it described us. I picked the rainbow colored slinky. I have a colorful personality, I love structure and order, but tend to be quite flexible within that order and structure...I am a rainbow colored slinky!


We got to hear more fully from each other through the course of the week and it was so encouraging to hear about the work that is going on all around the world.
During that week we were given much encouragement and help with accessing the resources available to us.  We also were prayed over by some of the Wycliffe missionaries that work in Orlando.


We heard from the president of Wycliffe USA Bob Creson.


As a special treat we were taken to Gator Land after hours for a private tour, and a special reptile holding session. I am generally afraid of reptiles, so it was exciting to face some of my fears. Holding a little alligator wasn't that difficult.


But, holding this Burmese python was another matter. I was determined to hold it, and managed fairly well until its tail was wrapping around my leg, and its head was coming at me...that was my limit.


The biggest highlight from that week was hanging out with the Bitikofers. I worked with them in Musoma and they are a truly wonderful family. It was a huge blessing to have fellow Musomans there with whom I could connect and debrief. We went to downtown Disney together and I got to hang out with their kids as well.



I am so grateful to Wycliffe USA for the opportunity to connect with other missionaries and be inspired anew about the work that we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment