3.18.2019

Roadtrip Woohoo!

This past weekend I visited my friend's home, met his wife, son, and sister-in-law. It was such a fun and unexpected visit.

The food was delicious, the company was delightful, and the kid was hilarious. What more could you want?

Well, we took it up a notch. Upon hearing that I would be willing to drive in Kolkata, an offer of going for a drive was extended! They had access to a car and we could take a drive out to the villagey areas around Kolkata. So, after lunch, we jumped in the car and took off, testing my abilities to drive a manual on the left side of the road on less than smooth roads.


Thanks to years of training in Tanzania, I rose to the challenge.

We drove until we came to an open field where kites were being flown. Recent construction in the area left it much less green than it had previously been, but it also meant that there were food stalls along the side of the road in case one needed a snack after driving all that way!


We made it back to Kolkata in time to quickly visit a floating market (market stalls set up on boats in the midst of a little pond) before they dropped me off at the metro station.

As they waved me out of sight at the metro I giggled to myself over how wonderful the day had been, how unexpected and fun the drive had been, and how warmly welcomed they had made me feel. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment