12.17.2018

Sari and Fuchka

It's finally happened, the moment I've looked forward to since I got a job that would take me to the Indian subcontinent; I wore a sari!

Sorry for not having a more posed picture, but I prefer the "action" shot as I give a speech (in Bangla) at a Victory Day/Christmas party!


I wore the sari again a couple of days later for a party at the church that I've been attending. So far, I feel elegant and stately whilst wearing a sari. I am getting better at putting it on by myself. I'm thinking that after a few more wears I'll have graduated to solo-sari-draping.

Another new experience that I've had recently is trying a local street food called fuchka (FOO-chkah). It is a colorful, flavor-packed, mess of a meal and it is my favorite new food since getting here.


Once I'm settled into Kolkata I am going to see if I can figure out how to make them at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment