11.19.2018

Life Goals

I have completed a number of life goals, the biggest of which were living in Israel and living/working in Africa.

Since fulfilling those, my life goals have become a bit less grand. They include; completing a puzzle big enough that I can sit in the middle as I work on it, taking an art class, going to a footy game in Adelaide, Australia, etc.

One other goal is to never own a vehicle again. This means that I need to live in places where I can get by with public transportation.

Well, both Kolkata and Dhaka fit the bill! This past weekend I tried to see how many different forms of transportation I could use. If walking is counted amongst them, then I took 5! And that isn't even all of the options available here!

I took a bus, a pretty standard option most places:



I took an Uber (not available in Musoma or Israel, but otherwise fairly ubiquitous):


Do you see the little vehicle in front of the Uber? That is, in Dhaka, called a CNG. In other places they are called a tuktuk or bajaj. I have not taken one of those yet.

Getting into the more local forms of transportation, I also took a rickshaw:


And finally, best of all, a water taxi!!!




Not only do I not need a vehicle here, I have so many options for getting from one place to another!!!

Diversity is a spice of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment