9.24.2018

Ignoring and Cakes

I have discovered that there are two ways that I like celebrating my birthday.

One way is to ignore it. I did this last year. I like ignoring it, not because I don't like getting older, I actually love getting older, but because there is a slightly mischievous feeling to walking around knowing that it is a special day, and being one of the only ones to know it. I imagine it is what a celebrity feels when they are successfully incognito. 'That cashier has no idea that they just interacted with a birthday-girl!'.

The other way I that I like to celebrate my birthday is to make a ton of desserts and invite anyone/everyone over to have a piece of cake and hang out.

This year, I did both.

My actual birthday was a fairly delightfully normal day. I got paper work done, answered emails, ran some errands, and even helped with a remodel project in the backyard!


It was made quite a bit special though when my dad made sushi for me!


My time in Tulsa has been very brief. So, knowing that I wouldn't get to see as many people as I wanted, I made a ton of desserts and opened my parents' house for people to drop in and say hello.

I love turning all of this:


Into this:


It was such a blessing having so many people drop in to say hello and catch up briefly before I head back overseas. I was especially touched by some friends who dropped in from out of town! I was a bit distracted once guests started showing up, so I don't have pictures of the festivities. These pastry-full pictures will simply have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment