5.21.2018

Footy Tradition

I've written a couple of times in the past about a sport that I watch very regularly, Australian Rules Football, or footy for short. I follow the Adelaide Crows (Tex and Lynch are my favorite players). I am frustrated by how many injuries we are having to deal with but appreciating the young new players who are being given a chance to prove themselves when the stars are sidelined.

In Tanzania I watched the game with a few friends every week and we would enjoy chips and salsa together. I usually made tortilla chips for the occasion. It's been a while since I've gotten around to putting in the effort to make tortillas chips but I finally was inspired last week! I made quesadillas with most of the tortillas for a Shabbat dinner and they were a huge hit.




It is a labor intensive effort and it is not as much fun to go through when I don't get to share it with my footy-friends. But it was surprising to find that the smell and process of making the tortillas made me feel like I was back in Tanzania and it triggered excitement and anticipation for the coming footy game!

1 comment:

  1. I'll help you make them for round 16! Carn the Crows!

    ReplyDelete