5.28.2018

Best Wedding Ever

One of my favorite people got married this past weekend and it was so much fun celebrating with her and her friends and family who traveled from around the world to partake in the festivities. Alana and I lived together at Hebrew University almost 13 years ago and have remained good friends ever since. She is part of the reason that I'm currently studying at Tel Aviv University, she is the best communicator that I know, she is passionate, purposeful, poised, and delightfully quirky. I am so happy for her and her new husband Liron!!!

The day before the wedding there was a prayer service at the Kotel (Western Wall). This is called the Aufruf and is a Jewish tradition of reading a passage from the Torah before the wedding. One of the things I find wonderful and hilarious about the tradition is that it ends with the throwing of candy! Once the passage has been read, as a way of congratulating the readers, candy is thrown at them and usually it gets tossed back and forth a few times. There is a dividing wall between the men's section  and the women's section but it is acceptable to stand on chairs and join in on the prayer service from the other side, as well as throw candy from there.


Liron is the one in the dark green ball cap.

And here is Alana!



The wedding itself was honestly the best party that I've ever attended, hence so few photos! I jumped, spun around, twirled, and danced between each course of the meal. I don't think that I've ever been in a room with that much externally exhibited exuberance. Everyone spun around with the bride and groom, I got to be a part of lifting Alana into the air whilst she was seated on a chair, the food and decor was impeccable, and the other guests were so enjoyable to visit with. I am truly still a little overwhelmed by what an incredible celebration it was. In lieu of action photos from the dancing, these photos will have to suffice.




Congratulations to the wonderful couple, Alana and Liron!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment