10.30.2017

Baba Ronit

This past week I got the news that one of my former guards became a dad for the first time! Sarah wrote about how we helped him get married (Hongera Mr. Sakwa) and his wedding (Anticipation of a WeddingExperience of a Wedding) in her blog.

I used to call him Mista Sakwa, now I will be calling him Baba Ronit. He named his daughter after me!


Baba Ronit was the first guard that I hired for my house in Tanzania and he was with me to the end. He is a wonderful man of God and was a very faithful guard. I was sad not to be there for his wedding but I am honored to be a part of his family through this new Ronit in the world.

I also got an additional East African gift this week when I got to meet a Kenyan and chat with her in Swahili. We spoke fondly about chips mayai and chapatti and I addmited that I'm not a huge fan of Ugali. I'm so grateful for the continued connections with my life and home in Tanzania!


4 comments:

  1. I hope I've said this before, but I think you are amazing Shannon! I love your zest for life. It oozes through your blogs. I really enjoy being able to live vicariously through your adventures. I look forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete