1.23.2017

If You Are From Oklahoma

In one week I leave for Israel. I have been so blessed with visits with my various family members and being back in my hometown. After living overseas there are a couple of things that I've realized about where I'm from.

1) If you are from Oklahoma definitely be from Tulsa.

2) If you are from Tulsa definitely grow up by the river and take advantage of the river trails.

I've grown up by the river, played in the playgrounds, gone biking and running (100s of miles along these trails), and they have only improved over the years. One of my favorite additions in the past decade has been the nature statues along the paths.

My favorite statues are the wolves (which happen to be the closest to my parents' house),


And the bears a few miles down the river.


I'm training for the Jerusalem half marathon in March so I've been getting lots of opportunities to run past these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment