1.09.2017

7 - A Number of Perfection

Next month I will/would have been with Wycliffe for 7 years.

When I was 9 I told my mom that I would grow up to be a missionary in Africa.

I think I originally thought that that calling would last longer than 7 years.

It's not even that that calling has ended, but the face of it definitely is changing in ways that I do not yet fully understand. Beginning next month I will no longer be a missionary with Wycliffe. (I first wrote about this here: Upcoming Changes)

In the Bible, 7 is a number of perfection. God even rested on the 7th day of the week. While I didn't originally think that I would be with Wycliffe for only 7 years, God has given me great confidence that it is time to leave and strike out in a different direction. He even allowed me to finish the primary projects that I was working on before I left Tanzania (A Bunch of Checkmarks).

I still don't know in what direction I'm headed exactly but I have absolute trust that God will continue to lead me and direct me. He hasn't let me down once yet.

There is something that I do know about what is coming my way...I'm headed to Israel on January 30th. Some friends are studying in Israel and need a homeschool teacher for their kids. My background with Hebrew, having lived in Jerusalem, and being interested in education made me feel comfortable volunteering my services.

I am truly looking forward to this adventure and believe that by the time it ends (June/July) God will have shone a light on the next step that I'm to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment