1.11.2016

Trip of a Lifetime

God provided for me to take an incredible trip to visit some friends in both Australia and New Zealand.

Observation 1: New Zealand is a breathtaking country. I was often overwhelmed with the diversity and beauty of that country. I could post many more scenery pictures than this, but thought I would just give you a taste.




Observation 2: I love getting to see places that I've only seen in movies. It somehow makes the world feel more magical. For instance, I didn't just go to New Zealand and Australia...

I went to the Sydney Opera House...made famous in Finding Nemo...right?


I went to Narnia - Cathedral Cove was used in Prince Caspian as the entrance to Narnia. So, there I am running into Narnia. I always thought I would get there by banging on the back of a wardrobe.


Mount Ngarahoe was used to create portions of Mount Doom in the Lord of the Rings. I climbed it. It was a really hard climb. I was literally on all fours for half of the climb. But it was worth it to get to the top of "Mount Doom".


No, there is not a cavernous volcanic pit to destroy a ring in...but this is a live volcano, and that is steam coming out of the mountain behind me. Really hot steam, trust me, I tested it. 


Then of course there is also Hobbiton. Enough said.



Observation 3: When you have a 19 hour layover, you should definitely explore something in that city. I didn't speak the language, couldn't read the script and didn't know a single person. But I had a great time wandering around the Baiyun Mountain park. I think I ended up walking over 20km!




Observation 4: All of this travel and seeing epic beauty wouldn't have been nearly as good if it weren't for the friends I got to see. I had lovely hosts whilst traveling and really truly feel blessed by the amazing friendships that God has blessed me with over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment