10.27.2014

Thrive Retreat

This is how I picture women’s retreats:
I walk into a room with women strewn about the floor, weeping, processing, maybe a few even wailing. There are emotions everywhere. I look to my left and I see mascara running, I look to my right and there is snot running, I look straight ahead (there happens to be a mirror) and I see myself, with wide eyes, nearing someone to awkwardly pat them on the shoulder (that’s comforting right?).

That is the primary reason that I had never been to a women’s retreat. But for various other reasons I found myself going to the Thrive Ministry retreat that was conveniently being held in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Thankfully the amount of tears did not live up to my expectations and in most other ways the retreat exceeded them.

Most importantly I was focused on God’s presence and had a lot of concentrated time on Him. What more could I ask for? Oh yeah, a haircut. I also wanted a haircut, and I got that as well!


Thirty, flirty and thriving with my friend Kelly!

I was asked to write a brief blog post for Thrive Ministries about my experience and you can read it here on this link: http://thriveconnection.com/2014/10/25/2014-fall-tanzania-retreat-good-perfect-gifts/

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me laugh out loud! Where diff you get your concept of womens retreats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea, it is just this idea that I have had for years. I know women have a lot of emotions so I just pictured it being a compounding affect if there was a large group of them together.

      Delete
  2. Also, for Ronit's readership, her friend Kelly is 32, married, and totally happy. Just making sure that's clear.

    ReplyDelete