10.20.2014

My Normal: Oodles of Keys

I have never had a key to my parents' house. This was completely due to the fact that the door was never locked. Seriously! Ask any of the youth group kids. Did we lock our house? No! I literally got used to locking and unlocking doors for the first time in my life when I was in college. Sadly, it wasn't as natural or intuitive a task at it should have been.

I have now swung to the opposite side of security lifestyles and can't leave the house without a handful of keys. I have 3 house keys: one for the door, one for the metal grate on the door, and one for the gate to leave the property. I have 4 office keys: one for the door, one for the metal grate on the door, and two for my desk.

Thankfully, college taught me how to use a key, so now I can actually leave my house and enter my office!!!

Currently, I am backing up the finance office. This means that my key count has recently DOUBLED. Yes, there are 7 keys associated with the finance office and I use at least 5 of them each time I work over there.

So, this is my new normal: oodles of keys...that I actually know how to use!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment