9.22.2014

I'm 30...sort of

This past Friday I turned 30. I have been looking forward to turning 30 this whole year and it finally has happened!!!

Well...actually I am writing this post the Saturday before I turn 30. It will go live after my birthday, but for now (at the time of writing) I am 29.

Ok, why am I writing this so early?

Because I spent my birthday on the largest island in the largest lake in Africa: Kerewe.

This is no island-get-away vacation. No leis greeted me as I disembarked from the ferry.

I've been working with a team of surveyors. We are looking at incorporating the Kara and Kerewe language communities into our translation work at the office, but before we can do that we have to have an official survey of these languages and then report back regarding our findings. So, I am part of a team of 4 who are spending 9 days on the Kara and Kerewe islands surveying these languages.

I don't know if I will have internet access while I am out there, but wanted to be faithful to posting a blog on Monday. So, if you sent me a birthday message and didn't hear back from me, don't worry, I haven't seen the message yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to respond later this week.

Officially, I postponed my birthday to the 26th of this month (check facebook, you'll see), so if you didn't send me message, you still have a few days ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment