4.23.2018

Not Knowing is Adventure

This last week I attended a Jewish/Christian joint night of praise put on by CJCUC (Center for Jewish-Christian Understanding and Cooperation). It was in celebration of memorial day and independence day. It was a lovely night, both the indoor and outdoor portion!



This meeting was in Netanya (just north of Tel Aviv) and I needed to get to Kfar Saba (between the two cities) for the night. I had checked the bus schedules and charted my path days in advance. I'm a planner, most of the time, and like to know in advance how things will go.

Well, that didn't work out. Several streets were closed due to the holidays even though the busses were running. As I saw the bus I needed turn in the opposite direction, heading away from me rather than towards me, I realized I might have a problem. Upon checking the bus schedule again I found that the last bus between Netanya and Kfar Saba was going to pass about two miles from where I was in about half an hour.

I took off running, in a skirt, with fireworks overhead, through neighborhood streets. It was a blast! Yes, I had a plan. That plan didn't work. I was thrown a curve-ball and had to improvise. It was more stressful but also more fun.

I think that often happens. Having a plan that works out is really nice and calming. Having plans that don't work can be stressful but it also opens us up for creativity and an adventure.

I made it to the bus with some time to spare and a sweaty face to show for my adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment