12.19.2016

Family Reunions

In addition to being here for my brother's wedding, we took 'Odom' family pictures. We were all together, for the first time in three years, and with four additions since then. It was a bit chaotic and loud, but if you are only going to have two days together every three years, it seems worthwhile.

Here I am with my five siblings, on the swings of the "fort" that my dad built for us nearly 20 years ago.


I was able to have another family reunion too, one that I honestly didn't expect to have. Back in March I heard that my grandmother was declining in health and might not live much longer. I didn't expect to get to see her again. A few days after my brother's wedding, however, I got the chance to drive down to Texas and see my grandmother and spend a few hours with her.


Even though she didn't recognize me it was truly a blessing to get to visit with her, tell her a little bit about what I've been up to, and give her a gift from Tanzania.

No comments:

Post a Comment