12.12.2016

40 Before 40

I am a fairly task oriented person. To do lists are exceptionally effective for me. There are several things that I have wanted to do for a while, things for which I haven't had the time (or money). They, however, deserved to be put on a to do list with a lot of freedom regarding the time frame in which I would like to do them.

I gave myself 8 years and 40 'to do' items and the result was my list of '40 before 40' (because I'll be 40 in 8 years! Oh, and I didn't quite get to 40, so if you have ideas of things that I could add to the list let me know, there are still 3 slots.)

The list includes some tasks that I've simply never gotten around to doing, like making butter from scratch (still to do), or dying a single streak in my hair (done!).

There are many things on the list, however, that will take time and planning to accomplish, like learning a 4th language or doing another half marathon (that one is planned!).

Last night I got to check an item off of the list. One of my favorite musicians happened to be playing in Tulsa and I got to go! I've never, as an adult, been to the concert of a musician that I like, so that was on the list. It's a terrible picture (and that is to be expected in this venue), but I was at a Josh Garrels concert last night and it was lovely!


Thanks to the life that God has given me thus far, there are so many things that I could have added to that list, but didn't need to because I've already done them: living overseas, going skydiving, being a missionary on the African continent, speaking multiple languages...

We'll see what all I will do in the coming years!

No comments:

Post a Comment