10.03.2016

A Germanic Stopover

If one is flying from Kenya to the States one must pass Europe. If one has several friends in Germany then it is quite convenient to have a long layover and visit them. I am such a one!

I have been so blessed to visit with several friends across Germany over the last week, and to have a bit of a vacation as I move from Tanzania back to the States.

One stop was in Berlin. I find this a very interesting city. Portions of ancient history are housed there, like the Gate of Ishtar - exiled Jews may have passed through these gates, maybe even Esther walked through them!


The city also houses a lot of history from the last century, like the Berlin Wall. I like this part of the East Side Gallery of the Berlin Wall, the melding of the German and Israeli flag.


But, it is also a center for modern culture and art, as I found out during my stay. I had no idea it was such a diverse city! This is another portion of the East Side Gallery of the Berlin Wall.


But of course, a trip to Germany is not complete without having a few sausages. Mmm...


Next stop...Virginia!

1 comment: