12.07.2015

Laundry

I have been lucky for most of the past five years to have had a washing machine. For a couple of years I was baby-sitting the washing machine of another missionary, but in September they returned and ended my baby-sitting term. So, I've been readjusting to washing clothes by hand.

At least once a week I incorporate boiling water and dancing on clothes into my morning quiet time routine.

The great thing is that I generally enjoy the process and it isn't that hard.

I dance in this bucket on my clothes (my feet get really clean in the process). I quote to myself from The 10 Commandments about dancing the straw into the mud. And I appreciate my clean clothes even more.


Added benefits? 

Ringing out clothes by hand dries hands out - I finally can use up more of the lotion that has been sitting around for years!
Maybe my arms are getting stronger?
As mentioned before, really clean feet.


So, overall, not a bad situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment