7.14.2014

Top 5 (things I'm looking forward to)

A couple weeks ago I made a list of the top 5 things that I am going to miss about being in the States. I think it is only fair if I now list the top 5 things that I am looking forward to about being back in Tanzania.

Once again, getting to see my friends and “family” in Tanzania “goes without saying”.

5. Walking everywhere.
I live across the street from the office, and a 15 minute walk from the main market area of town. I can walk to get almost anything/everything that I need.

4. My house.
I only got to live there for 4 months before coming to the States. I’m excited about getting back to my bed, my coffee maker, my pots and pans…pretty much everything.


3. The market.
I am excited about getting to walk up to the market and get fresh produce. I love deciding what meal to make based on the most unique produce at the market on a given day. Oh, by unique I mean that there is a butternut squash, or pumpkin, maybe a particularly beautiful or large eggplant.

Mama Happy's stand.

2. Putting my training to use.
After studying in Dallas for a couple months, I am keyed up and ready to put that training to use.

1. My normal.
The nice thing about being back in my house, walking around Musoma, working at the office, and going to the market is that it is my routine. That is my normal. I am about to get back to my normal.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've been to Mama Happy's duka! What fun to see it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete