4.28.2014

Woe is my Computer, Part 2

I have a follow up and update to my blog post entitled Woe is my Computer.

I had to purchase a new computer yesterday because when I woke up, my computer politely informed me that it was done with me. The USB ports weren’t working properly, but I was willing to overlook that deficiency and stay loyal to the computer that saw me through my first term in Tanzania.
Yesterday, however, it informed me that it wasn’t willing to stand by my. The screen repeatedly went white, and refused to work any longer. I am currently going through the bittersweet process of getting to know my new computer, and missing the familiarity and settings of my old computer.

I was grateful to get some trade-in credit on my old computer, but if you want to help with the costs of having to get a new computer you can donate to the cause by following this link: Computer Memorial Fund

Farewell old friend, fare thee well.

1 comment:

  1. This was indeed a bittersweet experience. When I read your first blog, I kept on wishing that you would get the right screwdriver and battery for your computer; or find a good repair guy to help you with your problem. But I guess things don't work out all the time. Thankfully, you were able to trade in your old computer and were able to buy a new one.

    Alison Henderson @ Scorpion Computers

    ReplyDelete