10.16.2017

Freewheeling and Farewelling

Sarah left on Saturday to continue her adventuring and traveling. I am sad to see her go but excited to hear about her onward travels!


She did not, however, leave without one last adventure for us here. As we waited for her taxi I decided to pull out my guitar and see what would happen if I left the case open. I was honestly surprised that I made 21 shekels and a handful of pretzels! It's not much but when I'm hard up for cash during my master's program I guess I can try it again!


I did experience a few conflicting emotions whilst busking.
1 - guilt for receiving money from a random passerby.
2 - pride that someone enjoyed the music well enough to not simply walk on by.
3 - A large group of tourists stopped to take pictures with Sarah and me. If they think I'm a musician does that make me one? Or am I just a poser?

I'll let you know how those feelings progress if I get around to trying this again!

1 comment: