2.26.2018

FluenTLV

Over the summer I started going to a language exchange event called FluenTLV. This event facilitates mother-tongue speakers of at least a dozen languages helping others practice their language. I have regularly gone as an English "ambassador". I spend half of the evening helping others practice English and then I practice whatever language I want during the second half of the evening.

About a month ago I started "working" with the event! I now help a few times a month with coordinating the ambassadors during the evening. This includes setting up the tables, making sure that there are enough ambassadors at each of the tables, ensuring that ambassadors switch half way through the evening, and other such tasks. It's fun to once again be a part of a team that is very language focused!


I don't get to practice my Hebrew or Dutch as much, now that I'm working, but I still find time to wander over to those tables and get in brief conversations.


I think every international city should have a similar event.

No comments:

Post a Comment