12.25.2017

Merry Christmas

5 reasons that it doesn't really feel like Christmas:

1. I have class tomorrow and will spend the majority of today (Christmas day) studying. So, Merry Christmas from the library!


2. Christmas music isn't playing ubiquitously...or even at all. I have to chose to listen to Christmas music rather than being surrounded by it non-stop for a month.

3. I just spent 8 days celebrating Chanukah which meant eating sufganiyot (donuts) and latkes (potato pancakes).

4. I haven't been stressing about what gifts to give people! Present buying is usually a stressful and unpleasant experience for me. That being said, I do love watching people open presents that I've given them.

5. People aren't happier or jollier. In Oklahoma people genuinely seem happier and more caring in December. There is a palpable difference in the air and I always liked that. The air hasn't changed here. Israelis are still Israelis.

Despite it not really feeling like Christmas here are 5 things that I really like about Christmas this year:

1. I spent a day down in Jaffa and found several Christmas trees!





2. Studying has been made more jolly and happy by listening to acoustic Christmas music!

3. As mentioned above, no stress regarding gift giving!

4. I got to help decorate these Christmas cookies!


5. I'm celebrating Christmas by having dinner with a friend with whom I lived when I spent my first Christmas outside of the States 12 years ago!

1 comment: