5.08.2017

Friends, Windmills, and More

What should one do if their visa is about to expire and they need to leave the country?

Visit friends in The Netherlands, of course!

I worked with the Kamphuis family in Tanzania for nearly six years and I was really glad when I realized that their furlough in The Netherlands coincided with my need to leave Israel for a bit.

My goals for the trip were as follows:

1. See the Kamphuises - CHECK


2. See windmills - CHECK


3. Eat and buy cheese - DOUBLE CHECK


4. Have Joppiesauce - CHECK
(This is a Dutch dip that a few colleagues in Musoma and I became a bit obsessed with long before we ever tried it).


5. Use the Dutch that I've been studying in Duolingo for nearly two years - check?
(I failed at ordering "poffertjes" but I succeeded in laughing at the appropriate time for a couple of jokes).

It was a successful trip and a perfect get-away with friends.







Oh, I also tried herring - slimy, yet satisfying!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete