5.16.2016

AWE-some Workshop

I'm back in Musoma following a two-week workshop on Academic Writing and Editing (AWE). It was a good and practical workshop.

I spend most of my time working on linguistics that relate more directly to translation (like spell-checking and orthography development). It is hard to find time to give to academic writing, but producing write-ups about various aspects of these languages is in fact part of my job! I definitely feel better equipped in this area now.

An additional joy from this workshop was the diversity. I can't show a picture of all of us since some of the participants work in a sensitive area, but I can say that out of the 13 people involved there were 7 nationalities (including Europeans, Americans and Africans). Additionally, we travelled from 7 different countries to attend this workshop! I love diversity!


Thankfully, although the trip to Dar was eventful (A bit of compromise), the return trip was uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment