4.04.2016

Gaining Some Culture

I thought I would only pick up on Tanzanian culture whilst living here. But I've actually worked with people from around the world: Dutch, Germans, Aussies, Kiwis, Brits and Canadians. So, I've picked up a bit of culture from these places as well.

A little over a week ago the Aussie Rules football season (aka 'footy') was kicked off. Over the past couple of years I've become a fan of the Adelaide Crows.


I've never really had a sports team that I follow or care about until now. But I really enjoy footy, generally understand it, know many of the players, and can get indignant over a bad call.

So, every weekend during the season I can be found with one of my Dutch friends, one of my American friends, and one of my Aussie friends watching the Crows and cheering them on from Tanzania! Also, thanks to a projector, we even get the big screen experience:


Here is to 6 months of Crows footy!

No comments:

Post a Comment