3.14.2016

World Indoor Rowing Sprints

Long ago in a place, very different from the one in which I currently live, I used to row crew. It was a brief but truly enjoyable time during my university days.

This past weekend, I took part in the 2016 World Rowing Indoor Sprints...alongside a number of Tanzanians, who probably had never seen an erg before, but we happened to be a spectacle in the middle of THE field, near the center of Musoma, so why not join in?


My friend Mitchell brought his erg out to this field to see how many locals he could get to participate in the challenge. More than 20 people rowed 1000 meters over the course of the weekend!

Mitchell took the time to explain the technique for each person and showed them pictures of the type of rowing that this machine simulates.


I rowed 1000 meters in 4:27, which I felt was quite respectable considering how long it has been since I last rowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment