7.13.2015

Welcome to Church

I grew up non-denominational, now am a member of an Assemblies of God church in the States, and a member of an Anglican church in Tanzania. I've also regularly attended a Presbyterian church in the past.

Why does this matter? Well, the denominations don't so much, the unity of the body of Christ does. Worshiping in various denominational arenas has broadened my views and love of the body of Christ in many of its shapes and forms.

This is my church here in Tanzania:


The setting itself is nice: small congregation, no "vyombo" (burst-your-eardrums-speakers), lovely breeze, and greenery all around.


The pastor, Mchungaji Nashon, works at our SIL office, in the operations department. He is a soft spoken and delightful preacher who consistently preaches on active participation in our faith and salvation whilst balancing that with the fact that it is only by God's strength and grace that we are able to do that.


After every service we file out together, singing a song, and shaking each others' hands as we form a circle and pray together to close the service.

I really love my Musoma church.

No comments:

Post a Comment