5.11.2015

Singing the Scriptures

If you want to have Scripture running through your head all day long, I have a great resource for you.

The Verses Project puts out songs that are straight from Scripture. These songs are submitted by current musicians and the words are taken from Scripture, not just a line or two, but the whole song is pure Scripture. Oh and they are completely free to download! Here is the website, in case you didn't follow the hyperlink above: http://theversesproject.com/

Several months ago I started memorizing the book of Hebrews because a friend had been putting the whole book, verbatim, to song. I'm only in chapter 8, but at some point in the future I'm expecting to have the whole book in my head. I've never known how best to meditate on Scripture, renewing my mind to the truths therein. For me, I believe songs are the best way. Instead of thoughts of worry, thoughts of frustration, or meditation on my own self, more and more the Bible is what my mind is chewing on, even when I'm not aware of it.


1 comment:

  1. wow! what an awesome resource! Maybe you should upload your song on there!

    ReplyDelete