6.17.2014

The Great Language Game

The forthcoming revelation should not be a surprise.

I really love languages.
I love how when I don't speak a language it just hear a jumbled mess of sounds that couldn't possibly make sense.
I love the process of learning how to understand that jumbled mess.
I love that languages can sound so incredibly different.
I love that Hebrew has a uvular trill.

There are many more aspects of language that I love, these were just the first things that came to mind.

There is a brilliant game called The Great Language Game and I've been playing it recently to hone some of my language skills. It is simple enough, you listen to a sound bite, and choose which language it was.

Please go and try it out, you may surprise yourself by how well you can differentiate between languages: The Great Language Game

For those of you who go and try it out, I have a really hard time with the Indo-European languages, and I am feeling accomplished when I hit 600 points.


No comments:

Post a Comment