2.19.2018

Now for a Little Mediation

When I was a kid my sister and I started a "gang". It was with a small group of other kids from our neighborhood. We wanted to clean the alleys and help out, we were a good gang. In putting the gang together we came up with a charter of sorts that would govern us. My sister Brandi wrote her version and our friend Psalm wrote another version. I didn't feel like coming up with my own so I looked at each of theirs and came up with one that was a mixture of both of theirs. Unfortunately when we were young it was not cool to copy others work so they summarily rejected my proposal.

I think this was one of my first experiences mediating between two parties.

This week I am starting a 1.5 week course on mediation which gives me a certificate in international mediation. I think I have some natural tendencies as a mediator and I'm excited to get some practice and test my abilities! Hopefully, I'll do better than I did in writing our gang's charter.

In other news from this past week, that made me reminisce about my childhood: honeysuckles!


I used to go hunting for honeysuckles along Riverside Drive when I was growing up and these are the first that I've seen in years!

No comments:

Post a Comment