9.25.2017

Toil to Truancy

I've spent the last two months volunteering at a guest house. I've cleaned rooms, watered flowers, prepared breakfasts, swept (a lot) and performed many other tasks. Some tasks were expected (like the ones just mentioned) others were unexpected (like spending hours on a phone talking to an internet provider because the guest house owners liked using my Hebrew skills).

It was an unique experience for me to have a more physical job rather than mental and I thoroughly enjoyed the break from mental exertion, especially as I begin a masters program in three weeks!


Now, on to holiday!!! The following weeks are full of a holiday in Cyprus, a hike from the Mediterranean Sea to the Sea of Galilee, and a stay in Bethlehem. To start all of this holiday-ing off I decided to be a bit of truant. Sarah and I went out for mint shisha to celebrate our work at the guest house being done.


Then, I plucked a pomegranate from this tree in Cyprus. It wasn't my tree, but the pomegranate had literally burst with its ripeness and it needed someone to put it to good use.


Here's to three weeks of fun and frivolity before I become a serious person again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment