5.22.2017

Hezekiah's Tunnel

Last week I got to walk through a 533-meter-long, nearly 3000-year-old, tunnel; Hezekiah's tunnel.

It is believed that this tunnel is the one mentioned in 2 Chronicles 32:2-4 and 2 Kings 20:20. Diggers (probably using stone tools) started digging from either side. Miraculously, and truly it is a miracle, they met in the middle. They still can't really explain how they were able to meet in the middle instead of missing each other.


When I lived here before I never visited this tunnel. I was admonished by my dad afterwards because this was one of his favorite attractions in Israel. So, to make up for my oversight years ago, I went twice in one week. I went once on an official tour so that I could learn about it.


Then a few days later I went with the family that I'm staying with and acted as tour guide for them!


There were some nerves at first but everyone really enjoyed it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment